One Week Later (Spongebob narrator voice)


I feel that our entire experience in Cherokee could be considered an act of generosity. We were welcomed into their organization and were able work with some amazing preceptors. Personnel like Victoria and Kayla, took time out of their busy days to speak with us, during their Joint Commission inspection, without asking for anything. There was not a single time that I felt unwelcome or as if we were a burden to those around us.

As an observational experience (except for one botched IV), we never made a direct impact on the patient’s well-being. However, it may have a large impact on every patient we see from here on out. We got to see an organizational culture that seemed much more open minded and caring than some that we have had experience with. If we take a part of that culture with us, it can change how we treat every patient we treat.

From what we saw, I feel that the system they are using now is capable of getting their community healthier while keeping hold of their heritage. Their system takes the cultural aspect and includes it as part of their care. If they are able to continue to connect and build trust, they will be capable of accomplishing a healthier community while holding onto heritage.

Dancing is usually outside of my comfort zone, but there is the potential of two different videos of me attempting to dance. I feel that the biggest impact I’ll take away is that I need to form better relationships with my patients. I try to connect with each one of my patients, but this experience has shown me that I am capable of doing more than I have in the past.

Comments

  1. Please upload the video of your dancing. I'm sure everyone would appreciate it!
    Glad you were part of this travel course!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of babies!

Wednesday!

Captain's Log Day 2